COVID-19 What you need to know!
What You Need To Know About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. It is also possible to contract by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it. The virus was first identified during an outbreak in Wuhan, China and has now spread to many parts of the world, including the United States. Risk of infection with COVID-19 is higher for people who are in close contact with someone known to have the virus (healthcare workers, or household members). Others at higher risk for infection include those above the age of 60, pregnant women, and children.
What Can You Do For Prevention & Treatment?
Patients with COVID-19 have had mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of fever, cough, and shortness of breath. This is an emerging and rapidly evolving situation. People can help protect themselves with the following everyday preventive actions:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
In case of illness people can help protect themselves with the following measures:
- Seek medical attention.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and discard the tissue.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Download the Covid-19 Guideline
Click here to Download …